You currently work in an algorithm development group for a large multimedia, mobile device corporation. Your group has been tasked with creating an app that will play an audio file backwards
You currently work in an algorithm development group for a large multimedia, mobile device corporation. Your group has been tasked with creating an app that will play an audio file backwards (from end to beginning rather than the standard beginning to end). Because this app is likely to be used on a mobile device, your group figures that this algorithm should use as little memory and space as possible. Your group has therefore decided to construct this reversal order algorithm such that it is an “in-place” algorithm. This simply means that the audio file will be loaded to memory and reversed using the same memory locations (because you must use memory sparingly).
- Part 1: Before attempting this implementation, you choose to develop a simple prototype version of this algorithm in C++. Specifically, you will build an in-place, order reversal algorithm. This algorithm will take as an input an array of ints and will reverse the order of the elements in the array, in place (essentially using only the memory in the array). For example, if the array contains five elements [1,2,3,4,5], the output of the algorithm will be [5,4,3,2,1]. Comment your program.
- Part 2: Using this prototype, you will analyze the time complexity and space complexity of your algorithm in the worst case. Specifically, for time complexity, count the number of steps for each line of code, and write down the total lines executed as a mathematical expression where n is the size of the input array. For space complexity, write an expression for the number of memory locations and components that are required for algorithm in the worst case. (Assume that each int is one location.)
- Part 3: Program a function, method or class that will track the true runtime of your algorithm. Find the true runtime of your algorithm using arrays of varying sizes (e.g., n = 500, n = 1,500, and n= 2,500) using your new tool. Plot, on a Cartesian plane, the runtime of your algorithm as a function of the size of the input array, n.
Calculate the price of your order
The price is based on these factors:
- Free title page and bibliography
- Unlimited revisions
- Plagiarism-free guarantee
- Money-back guarantee
- 24/7 support
- Writer’s samples
- Part-by-part delivery
- Overnight delivery
- Copies of used sources
- Expert Proofreading
- 275 words per page
- 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
- Double line spacing
- Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.
error: Content is protected !!