Would it cost the state less to implement a victim offender mediation (VOM) program for juvenile offenders than it would to expand the courts and corrections staff and facility infrastructure?
The policy proposal should exclude considerations of whether any proposed new programs or expansions of existing programs meet existing statutory requirements. For purposes of this project, you are to assume that once the proposal is presented to the Judicial Committee of the State Legislature, that committee will charge the Office of Legislative General Counsel to determine what, if any, statutory changes would be necessary.
Questions the proposal would need to address include the following:
- Would it cost the state less to implement a victim offender mediation (VOM) program for juvenile offenders than it would to expand the courts and corrections staff and facility infrastructure?
- Would it take the state less time to implement a program such as this than it would to expand the courts and corrections staff and facility infrastructure?
- To what extent could a VOM program reduce court case backlog and thereby shorten the average time between arrest and case disposition?
- What is the “track record” of one or more comparable VOM program(s)?
- What are the social benefits and social costs of a VOM program for juvenile offenders both to the offenders themselves and to the larger community?
- Are there particular types of cases that are appropriate, as opposed to others that the legislature might want to exclude?
- What are the major challenges that will be faced by the Administrative Office of the Courts in implementing this proposed policy in terms of the following:
- Program development
- Training and credentialing of mediators
- “Selling” it to potentially supportive community resources that could become partners with the state in this effort
- Case flow and records management
- Security issues related to cases being mediated outside of court facilities
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your textbook and all course resources. Find resources on how to write academically and use APA citations, including an example of Masters-level writing, in the Writing Style Guide for Master’s Students.
Calculate the price of your order
The price is based on these factors:
- Free title page and bibliography
- Unlimited revisions
- Plagiarism-free guarantee
- Money-back guarantee
- 24/7 support
- Writer’s samples
- Part-by-part delivery
- Overnight delivery
- Copies of used sources
- Expert Proofreading
- 275 words per page
- 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
- Double line spacing
- Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.
error: Content is protected !!