Learning Goal: I’m working on a english writing question and need guidance to help me learn.
Short Writing Assignment Six, Reading Response (26) due dec 2 11pm
B. Answer the following questions. Make sure you include support for your ideas and opinions: direct quotations and in-text citations are required for at least some of your responses. Usually, we don’t include artificially-generated page numbers in electronic source citations.
You cannot create a Works Cited page for this assignment because you do not have all of the citation information.
Do not use any secondary (research) sources for your work, with exception to questions that ask you to do so. Responses should express your own opinion and analysis.
1. Which character(s) do you like and/or relate to in “Cloud Dragon Skies” or “Sinners, Saints, Dragons, and Haints in the City Beneath the Still Waters”? Which ones do you not? Describe how the story you have selected (“Cloud Dragon Skies” or “Sinners, Saints, Dragons, and Haints in the City Beneath the Still Waters”) begins. What is confusing to you? What is intriguing? Compare the way the story opens to the development of the story itself. What clues do you get along the way about what is important in the story?
2. Either answer A or B, depending on which short story you chose to read.
A. Although “Cloud Dragon Skies” is classified as science fiction/fantasy, it contains a number of elements and references to the real world. It also contains elements that, while fiction, are possible; these elements/things/ways of living might actually happen in our near future. Discuss what you think is real, possible, and impossible in the story: find at least one example of each. Explain why you chose each example.
B. “Sinners, Saints, Dragons, and Haints in the City Beneath the Still Waters” takes place in New Orleans in the context of a hurricane. Some of the details in the short story, though, have been fictionalized. Find any source that gives additional real-world information about hurricanes and New Orleans. Summarize what you find out (cite your source). Compare/contrast a couple of key details with information you take from the short story.
3. Think back to the rhetorical situation. Why is the title of the nonfiction article, “Climate Change Means One World’s Death and Another’s Birth,” also the main idea/ thesis? What does this move say, if anything, about the target reading audience? Compare/contrast the main points in this article to the typical information we hear online and in the news about climate change.
4. Compare/contrast the views of death, family, our relationship to nature, and the concept of justice in the two readings you read.
5. What appears to be each author’s perspective on the issues being written about in each of your two readings, and how can you tell/how do you know?
6. Apply all the parts of the rhetorical situation to an analysis of “Climate Change Means One World’s Death and Another’s Birth.” You did this kind of analysis for a different reading in your first short writing assignment in this course.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more