Read about ‘Approaches to teaching and learning in the Diploma Programme’ (IBO, 2018). Focus on ‘Teaching based on inquiry’ strand (IBO, 2018, p. 15) and complete the matrix based on experiences in your classroom. Do you incorporate teaching based on an inquiry into your lessons? Is this a common practice when planning lessons? Why or why not?
your work should include examples of real class experience and make sure you cite at least three sources both from outside and the ones that are presented in the reference section.
This assignment will be assessed using the Portfolio Activity rubric. https://my.uopeople.edu/pluginfile.php/1548122/mod_assign/intro/5282PA-rubric.pdf
1. Approaches to teaching and learning. (n.d.). ib Diploma Programme. https://xmltwo.ibo.org/publications/DP/Group0/d_0_dpatl_gui_1502_1/static/dpatl/
2. Chemistry guide (first assessment 2016). (2014, February). IB Diploma Programme. http://www.ibchem.com/root_pdf/Chemistry_guide_2016.pdf
3. Edwards, G. J. (2002). Make Your Own Project-Based Lesson Plan. Educator and Curriculum Development Specialist Unlimited Learning, 12–13.
4. Lamberg, T., & Trzynadlowski, N. (2015, July). How STEM academy teachers conceptualize and implement STEM education. Journal of Research in STEM Education, 1(1), 45–58. https://j-stem.net/index.php/jstem/article/view/8/5
5. Schaut, M. (2014, October 30). A brief overview of the 7E inquiry model. Prezi. https://prezi.com/il1ej-tcmwh6/a-brief-overview-of-the-7e-inquiry-model/
6. Thomas, J. W. (2000, March). A review of research on project-based learning. Download the PDF here.
Smithsonian Science Education Center. (2016, February 13). Effective Inquiry-Based STEM Education [Video]. YouTube.https://youtu.be/eyUYDQIsgyo
St. Clare’s, Oxford. (2014, April 14). IB Science Group 4 Project Video [Video]. YouTube.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more