Instructions: Read and annotate the attached essay and then answer the questions below.
1. What is the title of the essay and who wrote it?
2. What is the essay’s thesis statement? (this may have to be put in your own words if not directly stated)
3. In your own words, what is the essay about? (try to express this objectively in 2-4 sentences- avoid a lot of detail)
4. Is the author credible/believable? Provide two or three examples of how you know (give page numbers for specific examples).
5. Are the arguments logical? Provide two or three examples of logical arguments (give page numbers for specific examples).
6. Are there any examples that don’t express the writer’s emotion but try to affect the emotions of the reader? Give one or two examples and a brief explanation of what the writer is trying to make the reader feel (give page numbers for specific examples).
7. Is the writer’s purpose for writing to persuade the readers to believe or act a certain way or simply inform them about the subject?
8. In what way(s) are the examples and explanations the writer uses effective or not effective for the writer’s purpose for writing (above)?
9. So what could readers gather about the strategies for writing about a subject similar to the one the author chose?
10. Use the following template to express what you would want your readers to know about how and why the author uses the rhetorical appeals. (Replace the lines with your words)
____________________ effectively / ineffectively (choose one) uses the rhetorical appeals of ___________________ to support his / her argument that ______________________.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more