(Individual Assignment) – CD Review No unread replies. No replies. This forum is graded. Your participation in this forum is required as part of your grade for this assignment. To submit your CD Revie
(Individual Assignment) – CD Review No unread replies. No replies.
This forum is graded. Your participation in this forum is required as part of your grade for this assignment. To submit your CD Review, see the week 4 module in the course menu.
Select your favorite band or musical artist which you have access to a few of their CD’s or albums. Review one of their albums discussing the singer’s/group’s instrumentation, the variety of musical sounds on the CD you are reviewing, the creativity or freshness of the sound for the singer/group. Once you select a group/singer to study, listen to a variety of their work (2 or more albums). Decide which album you want to review for the project (***please do not select “greatest hits” albums for this project***).
- Discuss the album as a whole – is it fresh or divergent of past albums by the singer/group? Support your answer with comparisons. (8 points)
- Pick at least two tunes to discuss further and analyze them for the “trademark” sounds of the performer. These are the sounds, not the lyrics! (8 points)
- Listen to lyrics and see if they are consistent with other pieces. Describe any elements, or quote lyrics, that reflect political, civic, or social issues. What might have been the artist’s motivation? (5 points)
- Why are you drawn to listening to this group? Sell the group as if you are a used car salesman. (8 points)
- Compare the group/singer’s sound to another, similar group singer using a musical element discussed in Unit #1 (melody, harmony, rhythm, timbre, texture, form, or expressive elements). Suggest your second favorite release by the selected group/singer. (8 points)
- Describe how this music is/was used by society. Describe what cultural, political, or societal challenges the artist/band might have faced. (4 points)
- Compare and contrast any piece by your performer/group to the recording of “Mora Na Roca (I Live on a Farm) Download Mora Na Roca (I Live on a Farm) Play media comment. ” using a musical element discussed in Unit #1 (melody, harmony, rhythm, timbre, texture, form, or expressive elements). What cultural differences can you point out (besides language)? The recording is found in the discussion forum for the CD Reviews. (4 points)
- Reply to at least three others’ CD Reviews in this discussion forum. (5 points) To earn the five (5) points, you will:
- Share a story/personal experience about the artist(s) in reply to the peer.
- Explain how and why you agree with the peer’s comparison of the artist to either “Mora Na Roca” or another contemporary artist. Recitation of facts is not enough. Be critical and reflective to earn the points.
- Responses are submitted prior to the due date and time.
You will be expected to submit this assignment here. Additionally, you will need to post this assignment as a new reply in the appropriate discussion forum found in the course CD Review discussion. Review the work of at least three of your classmates and respond with thoughtful comments about their review. You should mention two (2) or three (3) things that you found in each of their reviews that you either agree/disagree with or “resonates with your experiences.”
Calculate the price of your order
The price is based on these factors:
- Free title page and bibliography
- Unlimited revisions
- Plagiarism-free guarantee
- Money-back guarantee
- 24/7 support
- Writer’s samples
- Part-by-part delivery
- Overnight delivery
- Copies of used sources
- Expert Proofreading
- 275 words per page
- 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
- Double line spacing
- Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.
error: Content is protected !!