For this assignment, you will write a paper and deliver a presentation on a persuasive issue in the science field.
Persuasive Presentation & Paper
Total Point Value: 250 points
Presentation: 125 points
Paper: 125 points
For this assignment, you will write a paper and deliver a presentation on a persuasive issue in the science field. The focus of this assignment is to make and evaluate persuasive arguments. A key in being persuasive is choosing the appropriate organizational pattern. Therefore, it is imperative that you choose the appropriate organizational pattern for the type of argument you are making (e.g. problem-solution, causal, etc.). You will be expected to use examples, statistics, and expert testimony for supporting material. Furthermore, you need to weave those elements together in a way that provides complete and logical documentation and reasoning for the key ideas in your paper and presentation. You will need to demonstrate effective reasoning skills by using good solid arguments that are free from fallacies. You will also need to demonstrate proficiency at designing and utilizing a visual aid that follows the Assertion Evidence guidelines in your presentation.
Choosing a topic is a critical factor. You have a very short time frame to persuade your audience. Think about persuasion as a process; you cannot persuade the reader or the class to change their attitudes on controversial topics. It is not possible given the situational constraints of this assignment. Therefore, your goals for this paper and presentation should be modest. Consider using a topic that is the same as or similar to what you used for the Expert to Novice assignment, this will save you a lot of time.
- Write a 5 to 7-page double spaced paper persuading your reader to your position. Include an introduction, conclusion, thesis statement and two to three main points with supporting evidence. As previously stated, it is important that you choose the right organizational pattern for the argument you make.
- Develop main points that meet class criteria (balanced, mutually exclusive) and fit an appropriate organizational pattern as discussed.
- You should use a total of 6 sources for this paper. Of the 6, at least 4 need to be offered in print format. This means that the sources are not from a website or blog, etc. Print sources can be journal articles, newspaper articles, magazine articles, or something similar. The remaining sources (2 sources) may be any type of credible source you choose. Your sources must be as current as possible.
- Avoid bias in presenting arguments (i.e., include other sides of the argument and use unbiased sources).
- Provide in-text citations following APA format.
- Create a list of references following APA format and attach it as the last page of your paper. Make sure you follow the correct form for each type of source.
- Present the most important components of your paper in a 5 to 6-minute asynchronous speech.
- Do not read your paper to the class. You will develop a presentation from your paper, but you will need to rework your information to deliver it to an audience. For example, you will need a new introduction, conclusion and thesis statement. The in-text citations you write will become oral citations. You must cite at least five different sources from your paper in your presentation.
- Choose the most important information from your paper and present those ideas to your audience. You will need to narrow the scope of the presentation. You may not be able to cover everything you wrote in your paper, so be selective.
- Present the information in a way that matches the audience’s knowledge and experience. Use material from lecture to help accomplish this (e.g., the quasi-scientific, transformative, and elucidating explanations will all be helpful, along with tools such as examples, and analogies and metaphors).
- Incorporate strong persuasive arguments and appeals into the presentation based on class information.
- Demonstrate skillful use of organization, directional transitions, and signposts.
- Use a professional visual aid the follows Assertion Evidence guidelines and is well executed.
- Paper must be well researched and well-cited. Your arguments should be laid out clearly. You will be evaluated on the content and style, which means your paper must be well written. Do not forget to proofread your paper.
- Paper must meet the requirements listed above and must be 5-7 pages (not including your title page or reference page), double-spaced, APA approved 12 or 11 pt. font, and one inch margins.
- Your presentation must condense the most important information from your paper and must be presented in a manner appropriate for your audience as discussed in class.
- Your presentation must be well organized, well cited (oral citations as we discuss in class), and delivered with a refined, extemporaneous delivery.
Calculate the price of your order
The price is based on these factors:
- Free title page and bibliography
- Unlimited revisions
- Plagiarism-free guarantee
- Money-back guarantee
- 24/7 support
- Writer’s samples
- Part-by-part delivery
- Overnight delivery
- Copies of used sources
- Expert Proofreading
- 275 words per page
- 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
- Double line spacing
- Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.
error: Content is protected !!